High End and Luxury Television Installation in and around London
The majority of our projects have television requirements. TVs are getting better, thinner, wider, cheaper and have loads of other functionality on them such as 3D, apps, LoveFilm, BBC iPlayer and many more.
One of the first questions we ask our clients on new projects is whether they want centralised TV distribution or localised distribution. Centralised is where all of the sources (Sky Boxes, Apple TVs, movie servers etc) are in the AV rack and the content gets sent directly to the TVs in high definition.
The advantages of centralised tv distribution (hd video distribution) are:
- No clutter in rooms because all that is required is the TV and no Sky boxes, DVD storage etc.
- Programs recorded on a Sky box can be viewed on any TV in the property
- If a Sky box crashes or breaks viewers can watch a different box from the same TV.
- Fewer monthly subscriptions as less satellite set top boxes will be required if centralised.
The disadvantages are:
- It costs more than localised video distribution (ie local Sky boxes at each TV)
- It will require having to install a control system such as Control4 to control all of the sources which will be in a different room in the AV rack. This will add further cost to the project.
We have installed many TV distribution systems both centralised and localised all over London and the UK including projects in Chelsea, One Hyde Park, Knightsbridge Kensington, Mayfair, Notting Hill, South Kensington, Fulham, Regents Park, St Johns Wood and Home Counties including Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire, Sussex and Buckinghamshire and Gloucestershire.